Want to write for Modern Nexus? If you are interested in being a regular Staff Writer, check out the “Join the Team” page and see if there are any openings on the staff. If you are interested in just contributing a single article, tournament report, theory piece, deck analysis, or something similar, then the “Volunteer Contributor” program is just the thing for you!
We are currently accepting pieces from all prospective Volunteer Contributors! (3/22/2016)
Want your writing published on a major Magic content site? Interested in sharing your work with the wider Modern community? Submit your writing to Modern Nexus through our Volunteer Contributors program today! No previous writing or even tournament experience is necessarily required. We are looking for articles and pieces including but not limited to:
- Tournament reports. Did well at a Grand Prix, Classic, Open, or even smaller event? We want to hear about it!
- Deck primers. Know the ins and outs of a certain strategy? Write it up in a primer for the Modern community!
- Theory pieces. Have insight into an aspect of Modern-related Magic theory? Share it with us!
- Modern issues. Got an opinion on the banlist, Modern support, format coverage, etc.? Let us know!
- And more! If it’s related to Modern and meets our submission criteria, it’s probably great for the site.
If you are interested in contributing, please see the submission guidelines and more information below.
- Position description
Volunteer Contributors are responsible for submitting one article to Modern Nexus. Contributors will be given full author credit for the article, but the writing is the property of Modern Nexus. Unlike Staff Writers, this is an unpaid position for the site. For more information, see the official announcement.
- Article requirements
Please make sure your submissions meet all of the requirements below. Articles that don’t meet the requirements will not be considered.
- Article length: 1500 – 3000 words.
- Format: Submit all articles in a Word Document to the Editor in Chief, Jason Schousboe, at [email protected].
- Images: Do not include images in the article. These will be added later by the editors.
- Decklists: If your article includes decklists, include them in text form with line breaks between each card.
- Hyperlinks: If your article includes hyperlinks, embed those directly into the linked text itself.
- Submission requirements
In addition to meeting all of the “Article requirements” above, follow these guidelines for submitting the article itself.
- Email submissions: Submit all articles to [email protected].
- Include biography: Include a 50 word author biography in the body of the email. This will be published alongside your article.
- Responses from Nexus: A Modern Nexus editor will respond to all submitted articles that meet the article and submission requirements, whether or not they are selected for publication.
- Resubmission: You may resubmit rejected articles at a later time.
Got questions? Feel free to respond in the comment section of this page, or shoot an email over to [email protected]